Thursday, September 17, 2009

The day I had to MAKE myself shop for makeup.

I've had something weird going on in my mid-back lately. And after a visit to my chiropractor's office on Monday - where I had 30 minutes of myofacial release massage, an adjustment, 10 minutes of electric stim with heat, 10 minutes of the one table with the roller thingies that I cannot think of the name of...with ice. But the end of my work day I was so sore I just had to go home and skip my planned Sephora visit.

After work yesterday, even though I was feeling pretty tired and sore, I made myself head to Green Hills to hit Sephora and the MAC store. By then my skin was so thirsty for Hope In a Jar. I had to resort to using some Bare Minerals two shades two dark - my "tan" shade, Light - and blending it out my lightest shade of Laura Mercier concealer. This may have been the only time ever that I have had to force myself to go to Sephora.

I went to Sephora with a list of mineral foundations to consider.
* Philosophy’s The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas Makeup (.3 oz $35)
* Urban Decay’s Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup (0.30 oz, $29)
* Laura Geller’s Mineral Powder (.34 oz, $35)
*Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (.3 oz, $25)

After some comparisons, some swatching the makeups on my hand and arm, and speaking with a Sephora employee the foundation I decided on....? Bare Escentuals. Yes, I decided to stick with the old tried and true.

I asked the girl as Sephora what she thought most customers thought about the non- Bare Escentuals mineral foundations. She said…
Basically nothing comes close to the popularity of Bare Escentials.
Most people who try the other mineral makeup come back to Bare Essentials.
Of the people who had an issue with Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals the issue they had was a look of shininess. But now that Bare Essentials has released Bare Minerals Matte foundation that issue has been scratched from the list.

I brought up the container and application while holding Philosophy’s Supernatural and explained I was thinking of trying that one or the Urban Decay. She offered that the reason Bare Essentials has not come out with that kind of container – with the sponge/puff applicator - is for sanitary reasons. And in that moment my eyes were opened and I made up my mind. I grabbed 2 ounces of Hope In a Jar, thanked her for helping me make my decision, and headed over to the Bare Escentuals section where I grabbed my jar of Bare Minerals in Fair and headed promptly to the checkout.

The only problem with that promptly part is that I forgot to sample the new (exclusive to Sephora) Kat Von D fragrances.


My total purchases for the night:



MAC Pro Store
Smolder Eye Kohl
Beurre Cremestick Liner
Oak Lip Pencil
Beautiful Iris Eye Shadow
Pearl Cream Color Base

SEPHORA
Fair Bare Minerals Foundation – Bare Escentual
Hope In a Jar – Philosophy
Daily Brush Cleaner – Sephora Brand


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Anonymity is the enemy of civility.” - Seth Godin
Have the courage to own your words. Anonymous comments are not welcome.