Monday, September 21, 2009

Red Carpet by Rorschach

When I saw this picture of Heidi Klum at last night’s Emmy’s I got and old familiar feeling.

That feeling settled into a place of assurance when I realized what this image made me think of. Let’s just say that if you were to fold this photo in half while the ink was still wet this is what I would see…

The old Avon Bon Bon Poodle perfume decanter.
Oh Bon Bon. The thought of you takes me right back to Hardin County, Kentucky. To the days when the Avon Lady would come calling at Grandma's or Aunt Myra's house.
Now, before anybody tries to send me hate mail, yes I do know that Heidi Klum is pregnant. No, I am not trying to make any point about her body. Great day in the morning, I am a plus sized woman. I will say, and this may be tacky, right now the baby is in. But one day, it will be out.
Auf widersehen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Anonymity is the enemy of civility.” - Seth Godin
Have the courage to own your words. Anonymous comments are not welcome.